Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sweaty sentimental moments

Today was the first full day here. We went up to the community we work with and sat in on their church service. The pastor asked something in Rwandan and suddenly the focus was on us. We came to find out that he had asked the church community if they recognized which ones of us had been there before. I was shocked when a girl came up and shook my hand, indicating she remembered me from before. How awesome is that? A girl who was probably at the most 16 years old remembered me from four years ago. I think that's pretty cool. Of course I made many new friends today. All of which only came up to my hip and loved to hold hands and be picked up. I swear, we need more of those types of "friends" back home. They are so cute I want to scoop them up and take them with me. Oh that's another thing. The pastor made us all stand in front of the church and say something to the congregation. So typical Taylor tells them that I loved my first trip, will love my second trip even more and that I can't wait to work with them and play with all the "adorable little people". Every mother probably mentally took note to not let the creepy blond near her child. But ya I love them and want one. Phil if you're reading this, I expect a gift when I return and I expect that gift to be an African child that never grows. Thanks. After I got my fair share of kids we walked down the mountain. I have never sweat so much in my entire life. It was disgusting. We also ate dinner at hotel Rwanda. Yes the real one and yes the one from the movie. It took forever to get our food and then my cheese panini had ham in it. So there I was chopping away trying to remove the ham. But other then the ham today was awesome, even though I was a sweaty mess. And tomorrow we go teach. And you know what that means..... More KIDS! Best day ever. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your many JCP linen pants are helping you through the heat. I'll work on getting the small African child for you to keep.

    ReplyDelete